fffffffff
fffffffff

Madison Elizabeth

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Grayson Nicole

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Carson David

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6.10.2009

Beach Trip...

We went to the beach over Memorial Day weekend...we had an absolutely great time!! We have been terribly busy since we got home...we have hardly stopped to take a breath!

Jeremy has had to travel a lot. He had a long day trip this past Monday...he had to be in Orlando, Savannah, and a couple other spots including South Carolina...so he did all this travel in one day in the company plane with just him and a couple of pilots. This is all new to us and I was not thrilled about it at all!! They had planned on hitting all these spots in one day and Jeremy would be home sometime Monday night. Well, I got a call from Jeremy around 4:30 and I asked where he was and he said "still in Savannah" I said "why are you still there?" and he said "well, we had to make an emergency landing!!" Well of course, I immediately freaked out!! Yes, Jeremy says shortly after take off he felt a shutter...heard the pilot tell the other pilot we are loosing power...the other pilot was already calling in that they were in "distress" (you think??) and that they were turning around for an emergency landing (or something close to that anyway). Jeremy said they cleared all the runways so they could land where ever they needed to...bless his heart, he said it took him an hour and a half to call me and tell me b/c he knew I would freak out, but I did good, because I was talking to him and he was safe back on the ground!! I did not completely loose it until he told me they were trying to fix it so they could get back in it and come on home...oh no, I do not think so!! I started bawling like a baby and told him just to rent a car and come home, or me and the girls would load up and come and get him!!! Well, ended up they could not fix the plane so he just drove home...bless his heart, he was so tired...he left Monday morning at 5:30am and got home Tuesday morning at 2:00am...all with no sleep!! When he got home I gave him the biggest hug and kiss!!! No more plane trips for a while!

The girls are doing great, Madi is loving summertime although she wakes up almost every morning wanting to know if she is getting to go to school!! Graci has some exciting news, but I will share that in another post!!

So, for our trip, it was great!! We had the best time. My parents came with us and they really enjoyed being with the girls...we ate lots of great food...we loved the place we stayed at. It had a infinity pool, where you can just walk into it and it gradually gets deeper!! Huge plus for me if you have little ones!! Madi loved it!! So there are millions of pictures, but I had to share them all!! So here we go!

We woke up Saturday morning to this...the waves were huge and the beach was slowly washing away (there was a low pressure system in the gulf)...including the nice chairs out on the beach...they all washed away into the tide...is was really something to see!!
The waves were some of the biggest waves we had ever seen!
When it was all said and done the beach was gone, the tide completely washed it away. It ended up washing away right up to the fence you see here, when you walked out the boardwalk to the beach at the end of the boardwalk it dropped about 4 feet...we still had plenty of beach to play on though!!


So of course what better to do on a rainy Saturday morning...dress your girls up and take their picture!!
Giving kisses...
I LOVE this picture, I think I am going to get it big to put above our bed!!
Graci thinks Madi is hilarious...

She loves Graci so much, they are really so sweet together...
LOVE those teeth!



AHH, those eyes!
and that smile, ahh melts my heart!

Did I tell you she loves shells....






Her favorite part of our little shoot, jumping on the bed!


The weather finally cleared up on Saturday afternoon and we made it out to the pool and beach...the girls loved it!


This was one night before dinner...I got the girls the cutest outfits that I used for Madi's three year pictures which I can't wait to share...but more beach stuff for now!

This was Graci's first time in the sand...she did great and loved it...much better than Madi did her first time...she even had to get her a taste or two...but from her face it was not that good!
Love, love, love feet in the sand...
Big sister showing her how to dig in the sand...
Our good friends Shelly, Brad, Letson & Lynleigh came and hung out with us on the beach too...we even grilled at the condo with them one night...we had a great time and the kids all enjoyed themselves playing together! Lynleigh says just give her a few more months and she will be right in the mix! Look at Lynleigh's sweet little cheeks...too cute!


Mad's big thing was looking for shells. After the storm came through and washed away most of the beack there were a lot of shells...Madi just filled bucket up after bucket of shells...It was so fun to watch her...she is getting so big!





Hanging out in the condo...
On Memorial Day Shelly & Brad &the kiddos came over to the condo and we played all afternoon. The kids loved the kiddie pool and digging in the sand. We also grilled out and ate some yummy hamburgers. That evening I took some more pics of the girls and also took some of Lynleigh (which I promise to have ready soon Shelly!! I know you are dying to see them!).

Madi was so proud of her castle that her & her daddy built!

Eating cookies while the guys were grilling out...
Did I tell you the pool was fabulous!

My sweet girls...









After our friends went home we all went out onto the beach. It was low tide and the beach was just gorgeous that evening. I took about a million pictures of my girls running around. Madi ran, found shells, and played in the water. The was a little sand bar that you could walk out to because of the low tide, we played out there most of the time. The waves would gently come up over the bar and the girls loved it. We sat them down for some pictures and the first time the water came up Graci looked at us like "are you kidding me, I got my clothes on!". This evening was my favorite part of our trip, it was a beautiful perfect evening. It was not hot, the sunset was beautiful, the water was perfect, and I was there with my girls, my sweet husband, and my parents...it was perfect!


























The trip there and back was very easy, the girls travel very well. We do have to make lots of stops for potty and diaper checks, and of course to eat!!
When we got home I asked Madi this...
Me: What was your favorite thing you did with daddy at the beach?
Madi: Building castles...

Me: What was your favorite thing you did with mommy at the beach?
Madi: Taking pictures...

Bless her!!
It was a great trip and we can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Awww! I love all of the pictures. It left me wanting to look at more. I can't wait until we go to the beach in July. My Grayson is going to love it.