This picture was taken a few years back of the boys. It is probably one of my favorite pics I have ever taken of them. I love their little footprints in the sand as they walk away side by side. This picture is exactly them though, always together side by side.
Well, yesterday I came home from having lunch with Jeremy and pulled up the driveway and noticed a gate open to our fence. As soon as I saw it I knew the boys were gone. I got back in my truck and went looking for them. Jeremy even came home and looked for them and neither of us had any luck. We were both so worried about our boys because they have never been out and really do not have "street smarts". We looked for them well into the night. Finally we went to bed and left the gait open hoping they would come home. The one thing we said was at least they are together, because they have never been apart. At about 1:30am I heard a dog barking and thought "our boys are home" and got up and ran and opened the window and there stood Dakota (black & white), but no Cocoa. Jeremy got up and went and gave him some good lovin and then we went back to bed. Neither of us slept good fearing the worst, because we just knew the boys would stay together... The next morning still no Cocoa. I was working at my desk with the blinds open looking out toward the front yard at about 11:15 today talking to my good friend Melanie sadly telling her this story. As I told it I was so sick to my stomach worried about my Cocoa. And I glanced up out the window and there he was across the street peeing on a mailbox!! That is my boy! I ran out and gave him so good welcome home lovin and then he went and got his belly full and slept the rest of the day! Thank you God for bringing our puppies home safely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
i'm so glad your boys made it home! that is so scary not knowing where they are and if their safe!! i love all the new pics of miss madi! she's getting sooo big!
looking forward to see you in a couple of weeks:)!!
I am so glad they made their way back home.
I'm glad they made it back home safely!
Post a Comment