Poor baby had to go for her 18-month checkup this past Friday. She did fine in the waiting room, but when the nurse came and got us as soon as we walked in the room she started crying. I went to open her tray on her stroller to get her out and she closed it back crying and saying "no, no". It just broke my heart. My baby was remembering her bad experience at her 15-month visit (shots!!, the nurse gave her one shot, then on the second she stuck her and could not get the medicine to go in, so she pulled it out tested it, then stuck her again!!! It was awful). I felt so bad for my sweet baby girl. She even cried when the doctor came in. I hate it that the nurse traumatized my poor baby! Anyway, she did survive the visit. I bought her a puppy and took her to the park. She had a blast running, sliding, and just playing hard. We then had lunch with DaDa. So it turned out to be an OK day!! And by the way, my wee one weighed in at 23 pounds and was 35 inches!!






2 comments:
Poor Baby Girl! I am glad that she recovered from those mean ole shots quickly and was able to enjoy the rest of her day. Graham started remembering what the Dr.'s office was all about at about the same age. He would cry from the time we walked in the door until we walked out, even if the visit was for Isabelle. I had to start getting a baby-sitter so I wouldn't traumatize him by taking Isabelle for her visit. It was pitiful. Thankfully the shots are over for a while and he doesn't mind going as much.
That is just pitiful! Atleast she was rewarded well and the visit is now behind her! She is just so cute! I had been waiting for more pictures! !!!
Post a Comment